This scholarship is a gateway for European and non-European students to get trained in educational or sports programs. This scholarship is aided by the European Union (EU). Students of full-time masters programs can opt for this scholarship. The financial aid provided by this scholarship offers additional support including mental, physical or health-related situations.
This scholarship programme confers one of the following degrees at the end of the programme:
- Joint degree: the candidates will receive one particular degree from two or more universities.
- Multiple degrees: the candidates will be able to receive two or more degrees from two or more Universities.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD)
This category of scholarship is for students who want to pursue a masters degree program. Candidates from all over the world can avail this scholarship. This European scholarship lets students pursue master’s degrees in universities of two or more European countries. One with this scholarship can choose to do double masters after completing the ongoing course. The EMJMD program benefits the scholars with the Erasmus Mundus scholarship for two years. There are a total of one hundred thirty courses under the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. The following are the fields available;
- Engineering, construction and manufacture
- Agriculture and veterinary
- Humanities and arts
- Health and welfare
- Social sciences, business and law
- Science, mathematics and computing
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship does not provide any PhD program for developing countries like India.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this scholarship the candidates must fulfil certain important requirements. The scholarship is given to students of various backgrounds and nationalities. This scholarship does not require any age limit. The other official requirements are listed below;
- The candidates should have a degree of bachelors course of at least three years.
- The candidate must qualify in the English proficiency exams like TOEFL, IELTS or toeic with a considerable score above 6.5.
- The applicant can not apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship more than thrice in a year.
- Candidates from anywhere in the world can opt for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- This scholarship program has no age limit.
- The applicant shall not apply for any other European scholarship at the same time.
Benefits from the Erasmus Mundus scholarship
The benefits of this vary depending on the origin of the student. The scholarship award will also depend on the status of the course applied by the candidate. Moreover, any non-European candidate will be gaining more support than any European candidate. Following benefits are promised by this scholarship;
- The scholarship will provide the expense of participating in the scholarship that includes full insurance, tuition fees, library, labs and other expenses relating to EMJMD.
- The candidate will be provided with travel costs and the shifting costs.
- The candidate will also gain an allowance every month. This monthly allowance is provided to only selected applicants for the complete EMJMD programme.
Each candidate must maintain a proper profile. The candidate must have a master degree while applying. You can also apply while graduating from a reputable university in your country. The degrees of academic performance must be authorised by the national legislation practices of their respective country. The scholarship offers the award for the best-ranking students of their respective fields. The scholarship of Erasmus Mundus joint masters has been organised by international higher educational institutes.
These scholarship programs have durations of twelve to twenty-four months. Most candidates apply for the latter one. The applicant must join in a minimum of two periods of course in two different European countries. They have several different educational courses to match with. The candidate will be able to gain either a joint or a multiple degree award programs. The programs require good quality merits.
Many online consultancies provide details about international scholarship programs like Erasmus Mundus and others. The students can apply on the online website for most international scholarships. You can click on Admissify to consult such a scholarship program further. Admissfy is a Delhi based consultancy that provides information on online courses and abroad studies as well.